Members Login

Topic: L.S. *Book Spoilers!*

Post Info
Lord Paramount
Status: Offline
Posts: 793
Date:
RE: Lady Stoneheart *Book Spoilers!*
Permalink  
 

I imagine Brienne will witness the Frey hanging from ASOS this season (in the finale), and that's where Stonheart is revealed. Then we get Brienne's trial and her own hanging in the season 5 premiere. She screams her word, stays for a couple of eps with the Brotherhood (perhaps aligning with when Jaime leaves King's Landing?) and she leaves with Thoros maybe on her journey to fetch Jaime. We could get some scenes from AFFC that didn't make it into the show at this point- Thoros can give a speech about broken men, we could go to the Quiet Isle (if it is actually important) and then in the finale Brienne meets Jamie again.

__________________

Dildomace- because rubber is for pussies

Wielder of the Baratheon BANHAMMER
Status: Offline
Posts: 4428
Date:
Permalink  
 
I like your thinking...dang, I can't wait! teehee


__________________

"Robert was never the same after he put on that crown. Some men are like swords, made for fighting. Hang them up and they go to rust.” -DN

Grand Maesterbator
Status: Offline
Posts: 3377
Date:
Permalink  
 
I sure hope so Jentario. I couldn't take a season of Brienne and Pod searching for Sansa. Its bad enough Arya and the Hound is becoming wearisome.

__________________

"If you drink, don't drive.  Don't even putt."  - Dean Martin

Lord Bannerman Of The Smileys
Status: Offline
Posts: 2381
Date:
Permalink  
 
So I can hope that Locke will come back to life too!

__________________

"There's no cure for being a cunt."  Bronn
"King Stannis is my god."  Davos
"Who the fuck is Jon Snow?"  Locke

Lady Of The Blue Winter Rose
Status: Offline
Posts: 2611
Date:
Permalink  
 
Rygar wrote:

I sure hope so Jentario. I couldn't take a season of Brienne and Pod searching for Sansa. Its bad enough Arya and the Hound is becoming wearisome.


 Yep, Scooby and Scrappy are fun for a while, but, enough already.  Arya/Hound need to get where they are going and so do Brienne and Pod.  It needs to stay fresh and funny, not old and stale like 2-day-old bread   Plus a bone has to be thrown to the Starks, not just Jon.  Lady Stone, as sick as it is, is all the Starks have.  Unless benjen shows up, of course.



__________________

Rhaegar, despite wounding Robert, was struck down with a massive blow from Robert's warhammer, which scattered the rubies encrusted in Rhaegar's armor under the water.  Rhaegar died with Lyanna Stark's name on his lips.

 

Lord Paramount
Status: Offline
Posts: 793
Date:
Permalink  
 
I think we're done with useless scenes on both cases. Next time we see Arya, I think she'll get a big fight scene. The next time we'll see Brienne may well be her coming across the farmer who saw Arya and the Hound in episode 3.

__________________

Dildomace- because rubber is for pussies

Wielder of the Baratheon BANHAMMER
Status: Offline
Posts: 4428
Date:
Permalink  
 
Heck Dany has completed her Storm of Swords story, next week is her opening chapter from the final book where she meets the herder who's daughter got eaten by Drogon.

Unless the new books comes out next year Martin might as well kiss his own ass goodbye.


__________________

"Robert was never the same after he put on that crown. Some men are like swords, made for fighting. Hang them up and they go to rust.” -DN

Priestess of R'hllor
Status: Offline
Posts: 3348
Date:
Permalink  
 
jentario wrote:

I imagine Brienne will witness the Frey hanging from ASOS this season (in the finale), and that's where Stonheart is revealed. Then we get Brienne's trial and her own hanging in the season 5 premiere. She screams her word, stays for a couple of eps with the Brotherhood (perhaps aligning with when Jaime leaves King's Landing?) and she leaves with Thoros maybe on her journey to fetch Jaime. We could get some scenes from AFFC that didn't make it into the show at this point- Thoros can give a speech about broken men, we could go to the Quiet Isle (if it is actually important) and then in the finale Brienne meets Jamie again.


 *slaps stamp of approval* Okay, let's do this.



__________________

"Fuck you, Andy Pandy. I AM the loop."

Lord Paramount
Status: Offline
Posts: 793
Date:
Permalink  
 
DonalNoyesArm wrote:

Heck Dany has completed her Storm of Swords story, next week is her opening chapter from the final book where she meets the herder who's daughter got eaten by Drogon.

Unless the new books comes out next year Martin might as well kiss his own ass goodbye.


 There is still the reality TV show "The Love Pyramid" (used to be a triangle with Daario and Jorah but now Hizdahr is in the mix). I think it's pretty clear Dany and Daario will git it awn. Also, Jorah needs to get banished at some point...



__________________

Dildomace- because rubber is for pussies

sid
Kissed By Fire
Status: Offline
Posts: 164
Date:
Wielder of the Baratheon BANHAMMER
Status: Offline
Posts: 4428
Date:
Permalink  
 
Sweet baby Jeebus! Can't WAIT! freakout

__________________

"Robert was never the same after he put on that crown. Some men are like swords, made for fighting. Hang them up and they go to rust.” -DN

Lord Bannerman Of The Smileys
Status: Offline
Posts: 2381
Date:
Permalink  
 
No. Doubt. About. It.

__________________

"There's no cure for being a cunt."  Bronn
"King Stannis is my god."  Davos
"Who the fuck is Jon Snow?"  Locke

Lady Of The Blue Winter Rose
Status: Offline
Posts: 2611
Date:
RE: L.S. *Book Spoilers!*
Permalink  
 

Aw, Sid, thank you for that, gave me hope

__________________

Rhaegar, despite wounding Robert, was struck down with a massive blow from Robert's warhammer, which scattered the rubies encrusted in Rhaegar's armor under the water.  Rhaegar died with Lyanna Stark's name on his lips.

 

Priestess of R'hllor
Status: Offline
Posts: 3348
Date:
Permalink  
 
As much as I loathe LS's storyline, I will be so happy to see Michelle back on the show I'll probably even like it.

__________________

"Fuck you, Andy Pandy. I AM the loop."

Defender Of The Realm
Status: Offline
Posts: 2587
Date:
Permalink  
 
Q: I'm sure you're aware of all the speculation about Catelyn returning, in the Lady Stoneheart storyline from George R.R. Martin's books. Can you say anything about that?
A: In one word, no, I can't.

freakout I never thought it could really happen. Somehow I figured she'll get cut like CH. Thanks Sid.

__________________

 

Wielder of the Baratheon BANHAMMER
Status: Offline
Posts: 4428
Date:
Permalink  
 
I am pretty sure Lady S will be in the finale, I think it will probably will be the very last scene as a nice WTF moment.
I am just glad they waited a season to show her, some...including some folks here...were certain she would show at the end of S3.
It was wise they held off, as it would have completely nuked the impact of the Red Wedding.

I think Michelle will elevate the character over what she is in the books.

__________________

"Robert was never the same after he put on that crown. Some men are like swords, made for fighting. Hang them up and they go to rust.” -DN

Priestess of R'hllor
Status: Offline
Posts: 3348
Date:
Permalink  
 
DonalNoyesArm wrote:

I think Michelle will elevate the character over what she is in the books.


 I think so too, hopefully, because that character and storyline is just Martin at his worst.



__________________

"Fuck you, Andy Pandy. I AM the loop."

sid
Kissed By Fire
Status: Offline
Posts: 164
Date:
Permalink  
 

LS is Catelyn's punishment for her rash decisions and actions when she was alive.

Spoiler

And yes, I'm really excited to see Michelle Fairley return as much as I am to see LS.



-- Edited by sid on Monday 9th of June 2014 02:35:55 PM

__________________
Wielder of the Baratheon BANHAMMER
Status: Offline
Posts: 4428
Date:
Permalink  
 
Macha wrote:

 I think so too, hopefully, because that character and storyline is just Martin at his worst.


 Nah, she is just a device to add some friction between Jaime and Brienne and in that way she works. I don't see Lady S having any arc or story of her own.



__________________

"Robert was never the same after he put on that crown. Some men are like swords, made for fighting. Hang them up and they go to rust.” -DN

Priestess of R'hllor
Status: Offline
Posts: 3348
Date:
Permalink  
 
sid wrote:
Pretty sure she's going to give her own life to JS as a total testament to the season 3 scene we saw where she couldn't fulfill her end of the bargain to the gods as a mother in TWOW.

 Hmm but how could that work since a. it was never stated she could perform the kiss of life or what it was called and b. she's nowhere neal the Wall when Jon goes stabbity stab stab? I think the more logical candidate would be Mel, if they're going that route. But hey, they could change so much of the story until then, anything's possible.



__________________

"Fuck you, Andy Pandy. I AM the loop."

Knight of EscarGoT
Status: Offline
Posts: 415
Date:
Permalink  
 
Second worst twist in ASOIAF.

__________________

"Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life"  - Terry Pratchett

Knight of EscarGoT
Status: Offline
Posts: 415
Date:
Permalink  
 
Yeah, there's no way LS is going to the Wall.

__________________

"Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life"  - Terry Pratchett

sid
Kissed By Fire
Status: Offline
Posts: 164
Date:
Permalink  
 
Good point Macha, Melisandre could do it. I just think Beric and Thoros and all the other BwB is meant solely for her resolution to the story, which I think will have some value. Just seems like there's way too much buildup prior to the ASOS epilogue for her NOT to have something happen in the endgame. Beric and Thoros...

__________________
Priestess of R'hllor
Status: Offline
Posts: 3348
Date:
Permalink  
 
Cosca wrote:

Second worst twist in ASOIAF.


 Wut's the first, precious?



__________________

"Fuck you, Andy Pandy. I AM the loop."

Grand Maesterbator
Status: Offline
Posts: 3377
Date:
Permalink  
 

I fucking hate LS. I had no idea who it was until recently because I hated the character and skimmed.  Fucking hate it even more that I know. 



-- Edited by Rygar on Monday 9th of June 2014 02:42:11 PM

__________________

"If you drink, don't drive.  Don't even putt."  - Dean Martin

Priestess of R'hllor
Status: Offline
Posts: 3348
Date:
Permalink  
 
sid wrote:

Good point Macha, Melisandre could do it. I just think Beric and Thoros and all the other BwB is meant solely for her resolution to the story, which I think will have some value. Just seems like there's way too much buildup prior to the ASOS epilogue for her NOT to have something happen in the endgame. Beric and Thoros...


 It's interesting because in the books I felt that Beric and Thoros were kind of out of the picture. Wait, I don't even remember if Beric is still "alive"? I thought only Thoros remained, and the Brotherhood seemed more like a shell of their former selves since they brought her back. Don't get me wrong, I adore Michelle and in a way (a big way) I'm happy she can return in some capacity, but to me LS felt like a spit in the face after the RW. She's not even a character anymore, she's an avatar of destruction/vengeance etc, and that to me is completely uninteresting. I don't see bringing her back as punishment for anything (and what did she do that was so terrible to deserve this?), I see it just as an awful afterthought on Grrm's part. Pure shock value and cheapening of a once interesting character.



__________________

"Fuck you, Andy Pandy. I AM the loop."

Lord Paramount
Status: Offline
Posts: 928
Date:
Permalink  
 
It was pretty shallow writing, but my desires towards the Freys are pretty shallow too. Kill'em all. If it's gotta be by a zombie so be it.

__________________

Outta here, Outta here!

Banned in Six Kingdoms
Status: Offline
Posts: 1161
Date:
Permalink  
 
I woulda been OK with UnCat had Martin not already had a bunch of zombies. Took the horror out of the reveal.

__________________

As soon as those cameras are off I am going to fuck that little dog.

Defender Of The Realm
Status: Offline
Posts: 2587
Date:
Permalink  
 
I'm with Sid. So much it hurts. I like Michelle, but I found LS an interesting way to end Brienne/ Catlyn/ Jaime drama. I like nice tied up bows. Sometimes. This time. Wasn't too thrilled right in the beginning though.

And I'm with Macha on the Mel issue re Jon Snow resurrection. So much that it double hurts!!! Btw I still ship Jon Snow with Mel. ALL DAY, EVERY DAY UNTIL THE END OF ASOIAF. Maybe that should go in random stuff thread...

__________________

 

Braavosi Water Dancer
Status: Offline
Posts: 1815
Date:
Permalink  
 

May the 7 hear you sid! freakoutpray



__________________

“Fear is a strange soil. It grows obedience like corn, which grow in straight lines to make weeding easier. But sometimes it grows the potatoes of defiance, which flourish underground.”

― Terry Pratchett, Small Gods.

 
 

 

sid
Kissed By Fire
Status: Offline
Posts: 164
Date:
Permalink  
 
Although we haven't heard a word, I think the Lena Headey instagram post and the "No Climbing" scene from season 3 is a giveaway. VERY EXCITE!

__________________
Priestess of R'hllor
Status: Offline
Posts: 3348
Date:
Permalink  
 
sid wrote:

Although we haven't heard a word, I think the Lena Headey instagram post and the "No Climbing" scene from season 3 is a giveaway. VERY EXCITE!


 I never really thought the climbing scene was menat to point at LS, but Lena's instagram is a dead giveaway. If she'll make it into the show, then this finale is the only time for that to happen.



__________________

"Fuck you, Andy Pandy. I AM the loop."

Lord Paramount Of The Ginger Minge
Status: Offline
Posts: 1837
Date:
Permalink  
 

Don't forget our bet Don calmyotits



__________________

For Hands of Gold are Always Cold



 
Lord Paramount
Status: Offline
Posts: 793
Date:
Permalink  
 
I heard a rumor that they will intercut between Tyrion's escape and Tywin doggie-styling Lady Stoneheart.

__________________

Dildomace- because rubber is for pussies

Wielder of the Baratheon BANHAMMER
Status: Offline
Posts: 4428
Date:
Permalink  
 
Al Swearengen wrote:

Don't forget our bet Don calmyotits


 You are going down buddy! Imma gonna win!



__________________

"Robert was never the same after he put on that crown. Some men are like swords, made for fighting. Hang them up and they go to rust.” -DN

Defender Of The Realm
Status: Offline
Posts: 2587
Date:
Permalink  
 
What was the bet again?! teehee Oh, yes, LS in the last ep! Good luck to you both gents. May the luckiest one win.

__________________

 

Lord Paramount
Status: Offline
Posts: 793
Date:
Permalink  
 
May the one who wants LS in win

__________________

Dildomace- because rubber is for pussies

Defender Of The Realm
Status: Offline
Posts: 2587
Date:
Permalink  
 
Jentario I think that's Al.

__________________

 

Lord Paramount
Status: Offline
Posts: 793
Date:
Permalink  
 
The recap totally crapped on Stoneheart's chances IMO
And the Hound meeting Brienne

__________________

Dildomace- because rubber is for pussies

Defender Of The Realm
Status: Offline
Posts: 2587
Date:
Permalink  
 
Jent, in the pics Tir posted in one thread, you can see Brienne's armor, and Sandor putting his hand on his sword!
I'm with whoever picked LS showing up in the 10th!

__________________

 

Lord Paramount
Status: Offline
Posts: 793
Date:
Permalink  
 
Yeah the previews are trying to make us think BriPod will fight Houndrya.
Hopefully the BWB will interfere and LS is in, but I kind of doubt it.

__________________

Dildomace- because rubber is for pussies

Defender Of The Realm
Status: Offline
Posts: 2587
Date:
Permalink  
 
Look at the preview frozen screen from that link! It's Brienne's armor Jentario!!!!! Stop trolling! LOL

winteriscoming.net/2014/06/13/game-thrones-season-4-finale-preview-children/

__________________

 

Lord Paramount
Status: Offline
Posts: 793
Date:
Permalink  
 
I know they will meet, that's what I said
Will they have passionate sex, though?

__________________

Dildomace- because rubber is for pussies

Defender Of The Realm
Status: Offline
Posts: 2587
Date:
Permalink  
 
The Hound cannot handle what Bri is dishing! that's stuff is for Jaime boy alone! #ShippingHard

__________________

 

Lord Paramount
Status: Offline
Posts: 793
Date:
Permalink  
 
Eh, this episode will still be good without her.
I hope she isn't cut though

__________________

Dildomace- because rubber is for pussies

Grand Maesterbator
Status: Offline
Posts: 3377
Date:
Permalink  
 

The show will be better without her.  I believe a vengeful zombie may alienate some people, like the way TB did by adding witches and werewolves and fairies and warlocks and Anna Paquin. 






-- Edited by Rygar on Saturday 14th of June 2014 10:21:53 AM

__________________

"If you drink, don't drive.  Don't even putt."  - Dean Martin

Lord Paramount
Status: Offline
Posts: 793
Date:
Permalink  
 
Sookeh!

__________________

Dildomace- because rubber is for pussies

Lord Paramount Of The Ginger Minge
Status: Offline
Posts: 1837
Date:
Permalink  
 
TormundsWoman wrote:

Jentario I think that's Al.


It's not that I don't want LS, I just don't think they're going to use her. Just a hunch.

Personally I am not huge fan of Stoneheart, or resurrections in general. I'll be disappointed if Jon's not dead or wargs into Ghost.



__________________

For Hands of Gold are Always Cold



 
Lord Paramount
Status: Offline
Posts: 793
Date:
Permalink  
 
To be honest it's not looking good for Stoneheart.

__________________

Dildomace- because rubber is for pussies

Lord Paramount
Status: Offline
Posts: 793
Date:
Permalink  
 
My bet is that she isn't in the episode, even though I really hope she is.

__________________

Dildomace- because rubber is for pussies

«First  <  1 2 3 4  >  Last»  | Page of 4  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Chatbox

Please log in to join the chat!

*NO book spoilers are allowed in chat*