Members Login
 

Topic: Season 5 Plot Points Speculation *Book Spoilers are GO!*

Post Info
Wielder of the Baratheon BANHAMMER
Status: Offline
Posts: 4487
Date:
Season 5 Plot Points Speculation *Book Spoilers are GO!*
Permalink  
 

HERE WE GO  BITCHES! dance

 



__________________

"Robert was never the same after he put on that crown. Some men are like swords, made for fighting. Hang them up and they go to rust.” -DN

Wielder of the Baratheon BANHAMMER
Status: Offline
Posts: 4487
Date:
Permalink  
 

The upcoming season is gonna be crazy, the weaker ( IMHO ) books and there should be a BIG chunk of non-book material too!
I am both excited and terrified! This is the season that could make or break the show. winterboy



__________________

"Robert was never the same after he put on that crown. Some men are like swords, made for fighting. Hang them up and they go to rust.” -DN

sid
Kissed By Fire
Status: Offline
Posts: 164
Date:
RE: Season 5 Plot Points Speculation *Book Spoilers*
Permalink  
 

Stuff that's been circulating:
-Location scouting in Spain (Dorne)
-Cast audition dialogue between sand snakes and Arianne
-Myrcella / Trystane setup, with Arianne's intentions
-Cersei going nuts and Jamie leaving for Dorne ? (deviation from the riverlands)
-Lena Headey thinking Cersei's penance walk is in S5

Lots more to delve into:
-Castle Black, setup of the Wildlings plotline (Hardhome rescue, The Gift, unmanned castles, etc)
-Arya in Braavos, intro to house of black & white
-Tyrion/Illyrio/Varys plans, involving introduction to Griff / Young Griff
-THE WEIRNET!
-Sam & Aemon's departure for Braavos/Oldtown

Not sure what D&D plan to proritize. Sounds like its leaning much towards the Martells and Arianne, who knows they may throw the Greyjoys in for S6.

__________________
Grand Maesterbator
Status: Offline
Posts: 3425
Date:
RE: Season 5 Plot Points Speculation *Book Spoilers are GO!*
Permalink  
 

No zombie Cat. Yay!!!!!

__________________

"If you drink, don't drive.  Don't even putt."  - Dean Martin

sid
Kissed By Fire
Status: Offline
Posts: 164
Date:
Permalink  
 
Rygar wrote:

No zombie Cat. Yay!!!!!


 picard-facepalm-o.gif



__________________
Grand Maester of the Sausage Manufacture
Status: Offline
Posts: 754
Date:
Permalink  
 
there's still time, i think LS will show up on Brienne's path at some point next season.

__________________

Donal's Evil Twin

 

Lady Of The Blue Winter Rose
Status: Offline
Posts: 2648
Date:
Permalink  
 
Nope, she's gone. The Internet is full of this. If D&D wanted her in, she would have been. It's too late now, everyone is spoiled and it's exactly the way they wanted it. Seven help me, I don't get it, but it's their baby to throw out with the bath water.

__________________

Rhaegar, despite wounding Robert, was struck down with a massive blow from Robert's warhammer, which scattered the rubies encrusted in Rhaegar's armor under the water.  Rhaegar died with Lyanna Stark's name on his lips.

 

Lord Paramount Of The Ginger Minge
Status: Offline
Posts: 1837
Date:
Permalink  
 

I might take a break from the show now. We're at the stage where D & D could potentially ruin the novels for me. It's not that I fear being Unsullied I just don't rate D & D's writing at all, their stuff is extremely poor compared to George's work.

It really depends on the casting. If Victarion, Euron, Doran and Arianne are cast well then I might continue.



__________________

For Hands of Gold are Always Cold



 
Grand Maester of the Sausage Manufacture
Status: Offline
Posts: 754
Date:
Permalink  
 
I disagree, i think the book 4 and 5 material they covered so far on the show has been improve in comparison to the books, lots o fillers cut off. (and sadly that includes Lady Stoneheart)

__________________

Donal's Evil Twin

 

Banned in Six Kingdoms
Status: Offline
Posts: 1168
Date:
Permalink  
 
I don't give two squirts about UnCat. I think they could've made a very powerful scene with her in the show, but, really, what purpose does UnCat serve? None. Just a vengeance zombie. D&D probably know what GM intends for UnCat in the books (hint: not much) and may exclude her entirely.


__________________

As soon as those cameras are off I am going to fuck that little dog.

Lord Paramount Of The Ginger Minge
Status: Offline
Posts: 1837
Date:
Permalink  
 
Atreyu wrote:

I don't give two squirts about UnCat. I think they could've made a very powerful scene with her in the show, but, really, what purpose does UnCat serve? None. Just a vengeance zombie. D&D probably know what GM intends for UnCat in the books (hint: not much) and may exclude her entirely.


Stoneheart serves a purpose for Brienne's arc and the future of Jaime's fate. We should stop calling her a zombie, Beric wasn't a zombie. Stoneheart is sentient.

I just don't get why they even bothered investing time in the kiss of life and the Brotherhood if they never intended to use Stoneheart. Yeah I know Jon Snow blah blah, George is a pussy if he doesn't kill him off.



__________________

For Hands of Gold are Always Cold



 
Priestess of R'hllor
Status: Offline
Posts: 3348
Date:
Permalink  
 
Al Swearengen wrote:

It really depends on the casting. If Victarion, Euron, Doran and Arianne are cast well then I might continue.


 Yes but how will you know if its good casting unless you don't watch? Let's take a moment to remember how unimpressed you were with Pedro Pascal at first.

Come on, Al. Stay with us. There are no books left to "ruin", George will probably get one book out and that's it. The show will be over by the time he finishes anything else and the internet will be full of show spoilers that you wouldn't be able to avoid. Better make the most of what we already have, and get some closure.



__________________

"Fuck you, Andy Pandy. I AM the loop."

Banned in Six Kingdoms
Status: Offline
Posts: 1168
Date:
Permalink  
 
In some of Romero's movies, zombies are partially sentient. So there.

__________________

As soon as those cameras are off I am going to fuck that little dog.

Grand Maester of the Sausage Manufacture
Status: Offline
Posts: 754
Date:
Permalink  
 
but we don't call beric a zombie, and if Jon snooo gets melisandres kissy thing then he is a zombie too

__________________

Donal's Evil Twin

 

Lord Paramount Of The Ginger Minge
Status: Offline
Posts: 1837
Date:
Permalink  
 
Macha wrote:
Al Swearengen wrote:

It really depends on the casting. If Victarion, Euron, Doran and Arianne are cast well then I might continue.


 Yes but how will you know if its good casting unless you don't watch? Let's take a moment to remember how unimpressed you were with Pedro Pascal at first.

Come on, Al. Stay with us. There are no books left to "ruin", George will probably get one book out and that's it. The show will be over by the time he finishes anything else and the internet will be full of show spoilers that you wouldn't be able to avoid. Better make the most of what we already have, and get some closure.


Oded Fehr would of been better!!!

Pedro did an amazing job with Oberyn, I tip my kilt to him.

Nina didn't do a great job with casting Asha though, although to be fair D & D completely ruined that character for me so she could of cast Jennifer Lawrence and it probably wouldn't of made a difference.

I am not a big fan of Iwan playing Ramsay, he's too cartoonish for me.

And don't get me started on Mace lol.



__________________

For Hands of Gold are Always Cold



 
Priestess of R'hllor
Status: Offline
Posts: 3348
Date:
Permalink  
 
Al Swearengen wrote:
 We should stop calling her a zombie, Beric wasn't a zombie. Stoneheart is sentient.

 Yes but she doesn't speak, so in a way she's just like FrankenGregor. If they get her on the show, they have to change that bit and give her some lines at least, you can't have Michelle Fairley *not* talk and just look angry all the time. This is not something the audience really wants, and neither does the actor, especially after having played such a great character as Catelyn. Unfortunately, FrankenCat has nothing going in her favor other than killing some minor Freys (and Manderley does it much better) and putting Jaime and Brienne in an extreme situation - but we don't even know if Brienne brings Jaime back to her, so how can we tell if she's vital in their future or not? The fact that George is delaying their meeting with LS so much makes me believe he's just squeezing everything he can from a weak cliffhanger and has no intention of killing either one of them.



__________________

"Fuck you, Andy Pandy. I AM the loop."

Grand Maester of the Sausage Manufacture
Status: Offline
Posts: 754
Date:
Permalink  
 
she does talk though, it's just hard to understand trough the mess of her throat. but i digress...

__________________

Donal's Evil Twin

 

Priestess of R'hllor
Status: Offline
Posts: 3348
Date:
Permalink  
 
Al Swearengen wrote:
And don't get me started on Mace lol.

 Haha, think you meant Mance, no? I don't think Mace is important enough to trigger such passion.



__________________

"Fuck you, Andy Pandy. I AM the loop."

Grand Maester of the Sausage Manufacture
Status: Offline
Posts: 754
Date:
Permalink  
 
They nailed Mace Tyrell though...

__________________

Donal's Evil Twin

 

Lord Paramount Of The Ginger Minge
Status: Offline
Posts: 1837
Date:
Permalink  
 
Macha wrote:
Al Swearengen wrote:
 We should stop calling her a zombie, Beric wasn't a zombie. Stoneheart is sentient.

 Yes but she doesn't speak, so in a way she's just like FrankenGregor. If they get her on the show, they have to change that bit and give her some lines at least, you can't have Michelle Fairley *not* talk and just look angry all the time.


I don't think anyone would have an issue with giving Stoneheart some monologues, not even Elio could bitch about that. BTW lets not act like this role is beneath Fairley, it's not like she's been reciting Aaron Sorkin lines since Cat was killed. Michelle is playing a generic villain on 24 as we speak



__________________

For Hands of Gold are Always Cold



 
Lady Of The Blue Winter Rose
Status: Offline
Posts: 2648
Date:
Permalink  
 
Well, for those of us that wanted Lady Stoneheart, because well, jeez, she's in the book, she may even get a POV, to simply "get over it" is not an option. D&D are making this their deal now and the book readers can go get f&cked. People don't like her, fine. Don't give too shits about her? Fine. But don't bust my chops because I do.

__________________

Rhaegar, despite wounding Robert, was struck down with a massive blow from Robert's warhammer, which scattered the rubies encrusted in Rhaegar's armor under the water.  Rhaegar died with Lyanna Stark's name on his lips.

 

Lord Paramount Of The Ginger Minge
Status: Offline
Posts: 1837
Date:
Permalink  
 
Macha wrote:
Al Swearengen wrote:
And don't get me started on Mace lol.

 Haha, think you meant Mance, no? I don't think Mace is important enough to trigger such passion.


 How dare you, those council meeting with Mace had me on the edge of my seat! biggrin



__________________

For Hands of Gold are Always Cold



 
Priestess of R'hllor
Status: Offline
Posts: 3348
Date:
Permalink  
 
Lyanna Stark wrote:

Don't give too shits about her? Fine. But don't bust my chops because I do.


 Who's doing that? I personally want Michelle back in the show just as much as anyone else, we were just discussing the significance of the character overall, since there are loads of character that we like and didn't make it into the show. And since neither one of the characters she interacts with has gone past the stage they could meet her, there is still a chance she'll be in.

What I got from Graves's interview was: Look, we don't know how to bring her back in a way we're ok with, in an already very crowded season. We haven't decided how to shape her part so that we bring out the best that this character can offer, so that's why she was not included in S4. I (the director, who will not even be back for S5) have no idea if she's in or out for good.



__________________

"Fuck you, Andy Pandy. I AM the loop."

Lord Paramount Of The Ginger Minge
Status: Offline
Posts: 1837
Date:
Permalink  
 

Graves comments about D & D indecisiveness regarding Stoneheart worries me, surely they should of made a decision about the character years ago?

I'd respect D & D more if they would simply come out and say that Stoneheart, Victarion or any other character has to be cut because we simply don't have the space for them or that they don't deem them necessary for the show.



__________________

For Hands of Gold are Always Cold



 
Priestess of R'hllor
Status: Offline
Posts: 3348
Date:
Permalink  
 
Al Swearengen wrote:

Graves comments about D & D indecisiveness regarding Stoneheart worries me, surely they should of made a decision about the character years ago?

I'd respect D & D more if they would simply come out and say that Stoneheart, Victarion or any other character has to be cut because we simply don't have the space for them or that they don't deem them necessary for the show.


 The problem is that when you have so much to worry about, you tend to say we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

We don't know anything about Victarion, Balon isn't even dead yet. WHY ARE WE PANICKING?? freakout



__________________

"Fuck you, Andy Pandy. I AM the loop."

Wielder of the Baratheon BANHAMMER
Status: Offline
Posts: 4487
Date:
Permalink  
 
In an alternate universe Asha is played by Jamie Alexander. humpy



__________________

"Robert was never the same after he put on that crown. Some men are like swords, made for fighting. Hang them up and they go to rust.” -DN

Lord Paramount Of The Ginger Minge
Status: Offline
Posts: 1837
Date:
Permalink  
 
DonalNoyesArm wrote:

In an alternate universe Asha is played by Jamie Alexander. humpy


 2982991079_1_3_bcqYkjga.gif



__________________

For Hands of Gold are Always Cold



 
sid
Kissed By Fire
Status: Offline
Posts: 164
Date:
Permalink  
 
Getting this thread back on track, hopefully we see Yara's most important role in the next couple of seasons: getting boinked by Qarl on Galbart Glover's bed.

__________________
Wielder of the Baratheon BANHAMMER
Status: Offline
Posts: 4487
Date:
Permalink  
 
Dorne will come into the fold, the way Oberyn was presented I am confident, not confident about the Greyjoys at all.

__________________

"Robert was never the same after he put on that crown. Some men are like swords, made for fighting. Hang them up and they go to rust.” -DN

Lord Bannerman Of The Smileys
Status: Offline
Posts: 2391
Date:
Permalink  
 
Yara will have her Kingsmoot, though.

__________________

"There's no cure for being a cunt."  Bronn
"King Stannis is my god."  Davos
"Who the fuck is Jon Snow?"  Locke

Lady Of The Blue Winter Rose
Status: Offline
Posts: 2648
Date:
Permalink  
 

Vanity Fair article: http://www.vanityfair.com/vf-hollywood/game-of-thrones-season-5



__________________

Rhaegar, despite wounding Robert, was struck down with a massive blow from Robert's warhammer, which scattered the rubies encrusted in Rhaegar's armor under the water.  Rhaegar died with Lyanna Stark's name on his lips.

 

Defender Of The Realm
Status: Offline
Posts: 2625
Date:
Permalink  
 
Lyanna Stark wrote:

Well, for those of us that wanted Lady Stoneheart, because well, jeez, she's in the book, she may even get a POV, to simply "get over it" is not an option. D&D are making this their deal now and the book readers can go get f&cked. People don't like her, fine. Don't give too shits about her? Fine. But don't bust my chops because I do.


Off - Topic: Talk about giving some bookfans who wanted LS a hard time!

Ly, you did awesome at wic. AWESOME. I only saw that comment like a day later but you handled it like a lady. Pissed off lady too.

Kudos to you.



__________________

 

Defender Of The Realm
Status: Offline
Posts: 2625
Date:
Permalink  
 
@ Mr. Storm: I really hope for the Kingsmoot now. Because like Don, I'm not confident for more Greyjoys. I hoped for Euron if Vic is cut.

But if they have a Kingsmoot who will oppose her? Kingsmoot is for choosing a new Ironborn king. If all other Greyjoys are cut, why have a Kingsmoot at all? So it looks to me like a catch 22 kind of thing. Maybe I'm missing something though.

__________________

 

Grand Maesterbator
Status: Offline
Posts: 3425
Date:
Permalink  
 

I just think a Zombie Cat is a terrible idea, and I have a feeling that many Unsullied would find it cheesy. Would love to ask BaS.

I think there will be a Kingsmoot. As Macha said Balon is still in the fold. They have to do something there.

Possible Plotlines:
Dany/Hizdar
Greyjoys
Boltons/Theon
Tyrion/Varys/Griff/jorah
Arya
Jon/Stannis

Dorne/Jaime?

Brienne/Pod

Sansa/LF

Cersei/Margaery

Davos/Manderlys/Rickon/osha

 

That's enough to fill 10 episodes easily. 

 

 

 



-- Edited by Rygar on Wednesday 18th of June 2014 10:18:29 AM

__________________

"If you drink, don't drive.  Don't even putt."  - Dean Martin

Grand Maester of the Sausage Manufacture
Status: Offline
Posts: 754
Date:
Permalink  
 
Hey Rygar fuck you right in your pussy!

I think they're still going ahead with the Kingsmoot, though probably without Victarion, they already got the damphair, all they need is Euron.

__________________

Donal's Evil Twin

 

Lord Paramount
Status: Offline
Posts: 793
Date:
Permalink  
 
Sid, they're cutting Arianne.
The auditions all but confirmed it.

__________________

Dildomace- because rubber is for pussies

Lord Paramount
Status: Offline
Posts: 793
Date:
Permalink  
 
TormundsWoman wrote:

@ Mr. Storm: I really hope for the Kingsmoot now. Because like Don, I'm not confident for more Greyjoys. I hoped for Euron if Vic is cut.

But if they have a Kingsmoot who will oppose her? Kingsmoot is for choosing a new Ironborn king. If all other Greyjoys are cut, why have a Kingsmoot at all? So it looks to me like a catch 22 kind of thing. Maybe I'm missing something though.


 If the Kingsmoot rumor is true, we'll have Euron fo' sho', TW.

Vic and Aeron are both on the chopping block, tthough. Hopefully Vic makes it and Aeron gets the ax.



__________________

Dildomace- because rubber is for pussies

Wielder of the Baratheon BANHAMMER
Status: Offline
Posts: 4487
Date:
Permalink  
 
jentario wrote:

 Vic and Aeron are both on the chopping block, tthough. Hopefully Vic makes it and Aeron gets the ax.


 Nooooo! Save Vic! SAVE HIM! cry



__________________

"Robert was never the same after he put on that crown. Some men are like swords, made for fighting. Hang them up and they go to rust.” -DN

Lord Paramount
Status: Offline
Posts: 793
Date:
Permalink  
 
DonalNoyesArm wrote:
jentario wrote:

 Vic and Aeron are both on the chopping block, tthough. Hopefully Vic makes it and Aeron gets the ax.


 Nooooo! Save Vic! SAVE HIM! cry


 Don I want to punch the living shit out of your avatar.

<3 <3 <3



__________________

Dildomace- because rubber is for pussies

Lord Paramount Of The Ginger Minge
Status: Offline
Posts: 1837
Date:
Permalink  
 

If we get Aeron and no Victarion it'll feel like D & D are trolling me.

I hope to god Varys is just staying in Pentos with Illryio. At the worst he tags along with Aegon. Having him accompany Tyrion to Mereen makes no sense, especially with Jorah taking him hostage.

 



__________________

For Hands of Gold are Always Cold



 
Lord Paramount
Status: Offline
Posts: 793
Date:
Permalink  
 
Al Swearengen wrote:

If we get Aeron and no Victarion it'll feel like D & D are trolling me.

I hope to god Varys is just staying in Pentos with Illryio. At the worst he tags along with Aegon. Having him accompany Tyrion to Mereen makes no sense, especially with Jorah taking him hostage.

 


 That won't happen. Assuming Aegon is in, my guess is that he stays with Aegon. We need MOAR Varys. Sex scene please.



__________________

Dildomace- because rubber is for pussies

Lord Paramount Of The Ginger Minge
Status: Offline
Posts: 1837
Date:
Permalink  
 
jentario wrote:
Al Swearengen wrote:

If we get Aeron and no Victarion it'll feel like D & D are trolling me.

I hope to god Varys is just staying in Pentos with Illryio. At the worst he tags along with Aegon. Having him accompany Tyrion to Mereen makes no sense, especially with Jorah taking him hostage.

 


 That won't happen. Assuming Aegon is in, my guess is that he stays with Aegon. We need MOAR Varys. Sex scene please.


 Varys sitting on Jon Connington's face.



__________________

For Hands of Gold are Always Cold



 
Lord Paramount Of The Ginger Minge
Status: Offline
Posts: 1837
Date:
Permalink  
 

Season 5 already off to a horrendous start.

Jaime’s almost done building his jetpack.



__________________

For Hands of Gold are Always Cold



 
Lord Paramount
Status: Offline
Posts: 793
Date:
Permalink  
 
We already knew he was going to Dorne.
And I personally don't mind the teleporting, it's better than some of what GRRM comes up with for travelogue filler. Also, we really don't know how much time passes between episodes for each storyline.

__________________

Dildomace- because rubber is for pussies

Lord Paramount Of The Ginger Minge
Status: Offline
Posts: 1837
Date:
Permalink  
 
jentario wrote:

We already knew he was going to Dorne.
And I personally don't mind the teleporting, it's better than some of what GRRM comes up with for travelogue filler. Also, we really don't know how much time passes between episodes for each storyline.


 Jaime pimp slapping Frey's with his gold hand > anything D & D will create.



__________________

For Hands of Gold are Always Cold



 
Defender Of The Realm
Status: Offline
Posts: 2625
Date:
Permalink  
 
Al Swearengen wrote:

If we get Aeron and no Victarion it'll feel like D & D are trolling me.

I hope to god Varys is just staying in Pentos with Illryio. At the worst he tags along with Aegon. Having him accompany Tyrion to Mereen makes no sense, especially with Jorah taking him hostage.

 


 They'll make Varys a FAegon supporter. I think that could work because in the books we don't even know what he's done in that time. So they might fill in the blanks, Al. We'll see.



__________________

 

Lord Bannerman Of The Smileys
Status: Offline
Posts: 2391
Date:
Permalink  
 
jentario wrote:
TormundsWoman wrote:

@ Mr. Storm: I really hope for the Kingsmoot now. Because like Don, I'm not confident for more Greyjoys. I hoped for Euron if Vic is cut.

But if they have a Kingsmoot who will oppose her? Kingsmoot is for choosing a new Ironborn king. If all other Greyjoys are cut, why have a Kingsmoot at all? So it looks to me like a catch 22 kind of thing. Maybe I'm missing something though.


 If the Kingsmoot rumor is true, we'll have Euron fo' sho', TW.

Vic and Aeron are both on the chopping block, tthough. Hopefully Vic makes it and Aeron gets the ax.


 Wrong, Yara is a combination of Euron and Asha. She's the victorious Kingsmoot leader. But there will be an opponent, so it will probably be Vic. 



__________________

"There's no cure for being a cunt."  Bronn
"King Stannis is my god."  Davos
"Who the fuck is Jon Snow?"  Locke

sid
Kissed By Fire
Status: Offline
Posts: 164
Date:
Permalink  
 
jentario wrote:

Sid, they're cutting Arianne.
The auditions all but confirmed it.


 

Surely the Myrcella subplot is still in, maybe a sand snake will bring up the idea...



__________________
Priestess of R'hllor
Status: Offline
Posts: 3348
Date:
Permalink  
 
When Arianne will be cast I will come here and laugh my ass off.

__________________

"Fuck you, Andy Pandy. I AM the loop."

Lord Bannerman Of The Smileys
Status: Offline
Posts: 2391
Date:
Permalink  
 
Macha wrote:

When Arianne will be cast I will come here and laugh my ass off.


 Me too. You know nothing, jentario



__________________

"There's no cure for being a cunt."  Bronn
"King Stannis is my god."  Davos
"Who the fuck is Jon Snow?"  Locke

 
1 2 36  >  Last»  | Page of 6  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Chatbox

Please log in to join the chat!

*NO book spoilers are allowed in chat*